NSHLA Awards Nominations
The NSLHA Awards Committee reviews nominations and selects recipients for NSLHA awards each year.
- Better Hearing & Speech Month Awards – awarded to raise awareness about a variety of communication disorders and to promote awareness about the available resources and treatments in order to enhance the overall quality of life for individuals with communication disorders.
- Honors of the Association – to recognize an individual who has been active in NSLHA and/or volunteered for the association. The individual may be an audiologist or speech-language pathologist in the clinical or school setting.
- The Recognition of Service Award – given to an individual in recognition of exemplary commitment and contribution to the field, with an emphasis on specific contributions within the last 6 years. Areas of achievement may be in audiology or speech-language pathology and may be in either the school or clinical setting.
- The Meritorious Service Award – to recognize a person or organization that supports people with communication disorders. These individuals are from outside the fields of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- The Young Leadership Award – recognizes current students or young professionals in speech-language pathology and audiology who have demonstrated leadership abilities and/or who show potential to become leaders of NSLHA.